Each country travels across the sea of darkness on their own orbits, like average celestial bodies. Yūgo Kuga called this existence "Planet Nation" (惑星国家 Wakusei Kokka? ). Their movements are a bit different from those of planets orbiting the sun, but many of planet nations brush by human world while revolving closer and farther. Every planet runs on a star (which itself is a Trigger). The star must be kept fueled, or it will die, and the land would eventually crumble. Only when they're close to Earth, that they can send out their Expedition Ship and open an interdimensional gate to carry out an invasion.
There are currently 9 known nations:
- Liberi: The maritime nation surrounded by a rich, vast sea.
- Leoforio: The cavalry nation where battles are fought on special Trion Soldiers.
- Kion: The snow country where harsh terrain and climate thwart enemies from attacking.
- Aftokrator: The god's country and the largest military state.
- Calvaria: A defense nation which was at war with Spinthir.
- Spinthir: A nation which was at war with Calvaria.
- Menoeides: The nation which the Expedition Force, consisting of Tachikawa, Fuyushima and Kazama Units, departed from in the Black Trigger Retrieval Arc.
- In the mini-skit at the end of the episode, in which the Neighborhood is described, the diagram of orbits looks like a classical diagram of the atomic nucleus.